Ultra-trail Vipava Valley
Saturday, 12 May 2018
D+ 4.870 m / D- 4.710 m
|Entry fee |
|Time limit |
|ITRA/UTMB POINTS: 5|
The 100 Ultra-Trail Vipava Valey starts in Ajdovščina at 106 m. First challenge for runners is ascend to Kovk at 961 m. Trail follows the lookout edge of Gora and ascends to the highest point of trail – Mali Golak (1496 m). Trail continues pass Mountain hut on Čaven (1242 m), across Kucelj (1237 m) and descends to the Valley. It crosses wine-growing southern slopes: Preserje – Sveti Martin – Erzelj – Goče – Socerb. In Podnanos starts the last ascend do the edge of Nanos. The trail continues along picturesque and lookout edge to the highest point Pleša at 1262 m. Runners continue through the forest in the heart of Nanos (by Tourist Farm Abram) to a beautiful descent to the Valley towards the finish line in Gradišče pri Vipavi (251 m).
- Vitovlje – Church of St Mary - K7/O4, 44 km, 10 hours, (16.00, Saturday)
- Štjak - O8, 78 km, 21 hours, (03.00, Sunday)
- Finish, Camping Tura, 35 hours (17.00, Sunday)
Refreshment & Checkpoints
- 15 refreshment stations are located along trail (see trail profile) with water, energy drinks, sugar, fruit, light food etc.
- Drinks, light meals and a warm meal will also be available for runners at the finish line.
- The track has 15 – 20 checkpoints (see track profile).
- race number bibs always visible
- filled water container (camel bag, bottle …) so that filled enables a runner fluid autonomy between two checkpoints
- survival blanket/heatsheet
- mobile phone turned ON but kept in silent mode
- head lamp with spare batteries
The obligatory equipment shall be checked at the race number bibs collection. Race number won’t be given if something is missing. If the required equipment is not complete or is not shown by runner, immediate disqualification follows. Random checks shall be made along the race route.
Three-member relay teams can take part at 100UTVV race. Each relay member runs its part of trail (approximately 1/3 of 106 km trail). The transport of the relay members will be organized from the event area (Gradišče pri Vipavi, CampingTura) to / from the checkpoint of the relay exchange, the departure time to the exchange point will be announced in the event area on the day of the event.
- Start: Ajdovščina - 0 km
- First exchange: Vitovlje - Church of St. Maria, K7 / O8 - 44 km
- Second exchange: Štjak, O8 - 78 km
- Finish: Gradišče pri Vipavi
- 100UTVV: from Vipava (meeting point at OŠ Draga Bajca Vipava) to Ajdovščina (start area)
Exact timetables for departures of special buses will be announced later. The last bus will start from Vipava approximately 1 hour 15 minutes before the start of race.
- Relay teams to and from exchange points:
- first (Vitovlje - Church of St. Maria, K7 / O8 - 44 km) and
- second (Štjak, O8 - 78 km)
- Transport of runners who drop out at the control point to the finish area.
- Transport of personal equipment and transition (100UTVV – transition to Batuje, K8/O5)
- Additional info on race transportation
- List of all locations
Registration & payment by
23. 4. 2018
Payments to organizer
Športno društvo TURA, Ulica Gradnikove brigade 15, 5271 Vipava, Slovenia, Europe, Vat number: 41506081
Bank Account: SI56 6400 0940 1040 482 (Hranilnica Vipava d.d.), BIC SWIFT: HKVI SI 22
purpose: “UTVV100 name and surname”
|up to 35 years||up to 35 years|
|36 – 50 years||36 – 50 years|
|over 51 years||over 51 years|
The first three runners will be awarded trophies and prizes.
The organizer reserves the right to make changes!